Fire Interceptor 9M
|Fire Interceptor 9M|
Mission: Municipal policing, SAR, fire
|Max speed||45-55 Knots|
|Fuel Cap.||950L (250 USG)|
|Engines||O/B: 2x300-2x400 HP|
I/B: 2x220-2x400 HP
|Options||T-top or wheelhouse|
|Ballistic Protection||Portable Level III|
|More photos on Flickr|
The Fire Interceptor 9M is shown here with the standard wheelhouse designs, foam collar and optional hard-sided hull with D rubber fendering.
The cabin version provides exceptional safety via shelter for the crews providing long hours in patrol, harbor security and Force Protection.
The cabin design, has above-average headroom, yet meets road legal height restrictions for trailering. For trailered craft MCM has developed a rapid launch retrieval system.
The cabin has excellent visibility and spotter windows for coming alongside ships and high piers. The side spotter windows are designed to be at driver eye level in hard over turns. The side doors are designed for easy ingress/egress for larger operators.
This vessel is very quiet. The cabin noise at 42 knots with outboards was 76 dB.
The design includes lifting eyes for rapid cranage and shipboard lift.
- Cabin with medical patient berth
- Hinged chart table
- High cargo capacity
- Large work decks bow and stern
- Structure to ISO 12215 category B or C
- Stability to ISO 12217 category B or C
- Hybrid D shaped foam air collar 500mm (20")
- Rapid trailer launch and recovery system
- Generator compartment with exhaust port
- High standing headroom in cuddy cabin of 1.8M (5'11")
- Available from 7M to 12M
- Available without cuddy cabin, for more fwd deck space.
- Available with aft deck sun shade
- Available ballistic protection and gun mounting (up to 4)
- Available dive lights for underwater search or easy vessel ID.
- Available with all lighting options (light bar, scene lights)
- Various styles of seating available, fixed and suspension
- Electronics packages from Raymarine, Furuno or Garmin
- Outboard engines from Yamaha, Evinrude, Honda or Mercury
- With or without generator and air conditioning
- Folding radar arch for easy transportability over the road.
- Single or twin dive doors, with one or two dive ladders.
- Round or D shaped air collar sized from 460mm (18") to 610mm (24")
- Davit for loading and unloading equipment and deadweight to 230kg (5001b).